Dulyapat Waldorf School is welcoming applications for two volunteer positions for the Second term of 2018-2019 starting on October 31st 2018, and continuing into the 2019-2020 school year (May 2019- March 2020).
Our school is located on eight acres in the city of Khon Kaen, Thailand. Founded in 2011, our school is only 7 years old and currently serves a population of 100 students from Nursery to Grade 7. In addition to providing Steiner/Waldorf education, our school also works on bio-dynamic agriculture as a part of our pedagogy, which includes an overall mission to live sustainably.
We are currently looking for volunteers to teach English and Music, who would like to get to know Thai culture through our school in Khon Kaen. Ideally, the volunteer would commit to a period of one year, living and working at the school, and be interested in immersing themselves in our school community and the local community and culture.
Position 1: English Teaching Volunteer
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Working and collaborating with our English Language teacher to deliver on curriculum goals and expectations
2. Teaching English to Thai children from grades 1-7, using Waldorf pedagogy which involves song, movement, drawing, verse, and story telling
3. Attending and participating in festivals, assemblies, and workshops throughout the school year
4. Identifying and monitoring individual learning goals for each student to ensure their continued growth as English language learners, and tying those goals to individual student assessments
1. Native English Speaker
2. Bachelor’s Degree
3. Interested in working with primary age children
4. Open and willing to learn about Waldorf pedagogy alongside our teachers
5. Prepared to adapt to living in a small city in a foreign country
6. Interest in the arts and music are highly recommended
7. Previous exposure to Waldorf pedagogy, English teaching experience, and experience working with primary age school children are highly desired
Position 2: Music Teaching Volunteer
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Teaching recorders and/or string instruments in the violin family and/or singing to children from classes 1-7
2. Supervising daily music practice sessions with classes 3 – 7.
1. Have basic knowledge or background in music, and preferably familiar with music teaching in Waldorf/Steiner schools.
2. Higher education in music theory and music education are highly desirable. Especially, an individual who would like to work on strengthening our music curriculum.
3. Open and willing to learn about Waldorf pedagogy alongside our teachers
4. Prepared to adapt to living in a small city in a foreign country
5. Previous exposure to Waldorf pedagogy, music teaching experience, and experience working with primary age school children are highly desired
The volunteers will be offered the following benefits:
– Accommodation (Monday-Friday lunch and dinner are provided, wi-fi, and filtered water)
– Full board
– The costs of visa and work permit applications.
Send us a detailed résumé, cover letter and any references to: email@example.com
ในงาน ผ้าป่าสามัคคีเพื่อการศึกษา สมทบทุนสร้างอาคารเรียนศูนย์การเรียนดุลยพัฒน์ ซึ่งดำเนินการโดย ชมรมผู้ปกครองดุลยพัฒน์